Tuesday, August 26, 2014

#RPGaDay 27th - Game You'd Like to See A New / Improved Edition Of...

It's kind of cheating to mention the games that I know are getting a new edition that I'm looking forward to reading. Specifically: Exalted, Scion and Trinity. I'm also looking forward to seeing what the Margaret Weis "Heroic Roleplaying" does now that it can slip the restrictions that Marvel put on the game. (Specifically the lack of character creation rules.)

But the game I'd like to see rise again is Castle Falkenstein. (I know, you're shocked since I mention it about every fifth post.) Steampunk has really blown up since then, and I think it'd be great to see the game come back now that the world is more ready to see it. Maybe do it with Fate, though I really did like the conceit that it uses cards because the in-world game designer shocked his high society friends by suggesting they use dice. (Dice are what common folk used for gambling. Proper ladies and gentlemen use cards.)

No comments:

Post a Comment