Monday, August 25, 2014

#RPGaDay 25th - Favorite RPG No One Else Wants To Play

That's another complicated one. There are certainly games I love that have strong enough detractors that it's not something we play regularly. Mutants and Masterminds is the most common example, but there are folks in my group who are okay with it, and I run it every year at Owlcon.  Similarly, Star Wars Saga Edition isn't going to get traction in my group. But there's also folks in it who would play.

I had to think about this for a bit, but I guess that if I had to go through all of my books, I'd say that Wraith: the Oblivion would be the game that nobody would be interested in. Heck, if I were running it, I'd make huge changes to the setting. But I really like the intense personal focus and the Shadow mechanic (which I'd probably houserule to be closer to how the Screwtapes work in Better Angles) was really interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment