Saturday, August 16, 2014

#RPGaDay 16th - Game You Wish You Owned

Hmm. I certainly wish I had PDF copies of a lot of the games I've sold off to keep the clutter in check. (And to be honest, it would take me ten minutes to find pirate download copies of just about everything I've sold over the years. But that's not cool.)

The snarky angel on my shoulder just said "A Version Of D&D that fixes the Linear Fighter / Quadratic Wizard problem" or one with a good "Gish" (fighter/wizard crossbreed - though I confess none of us have played a Magus yet, so they may work).

There's certainly a long list of games that I want to at least read someday (Gumshoe, for instance), but that's more of a "yeah, someday" over a "I gotta have it now" wish.

In terms of games I wished existed, I wish there was the Platonic Ideal Super-Hero RPG that everyone in our group liked. I wish Paizo would do a Spelljammer-inspired Adventure Path. I wish that the upcoming Onyx Path Scion and Trinity books are everything that I hope they will be. I wish there was a good Mass Effect RPG (though I've read really good Fate and Savage Worlds conversions).


No comments:

Post a Comment